Hippity, Hoppity, Easter’s on Its WayBy Autumn
There may still be a chill in the air, but springtime IS on its way….along with one of my favorite holidays…EASTER!
Easter is a time to rejoice, celebrate, and decorate! Bright combinations of pink, green, blue, and yellow are used to banish the winter blues and brighten our homes both inside and out. Decorations can be as simple as coloring Easter eggs to designing centerpieces to making your own Easter wreath for your front door! So whether you’re an amateur or a seasoned professional, surround yourself with the colors of Spring!
Another way to enjoy the holiday is through the delicious smells and tastes of festive Easter treats! Jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and of course, whimsical Peeps adorn the Easter baskets of my two little ones, but I crave something a little different! So this year, I’m trying this new recipe for Bunny Cookie Bark (courtesy of www.yourhomebasedmom.com). Hope you enjoy it as well!
Bunny Cookie Bark
- 14 whole Oreos, broken up
- 1 1/2 C small pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or chocolate melts
- 1 C. pastel M & Ms
- colored sprinkles
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the M & Ms onto the waxed paper.
- Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining M & Ms and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still melted.
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
I hope the Easter bunny treats you well and please don’t forget the real reason for the Easter season!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living – Working with you to create your lifestyle!