Archive for Apparel
MSLL has constructed the ultimate Holiday Gift Guide to make your shopping experience a bit easier this Holiday season. We promise with these amazing gifts there will be no returns or re-gifting if you stick to our guide! The following MSLL Holiday Gift Guide features 12 perfect gifts that are sure to bring happiness and make you the best gift giver ever! Move over Santa, I’m giving the best gifts this year! Oh! Not to mention you will have the best wrapped presents around with our fabulous complementary gift wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living Holiday Gift Guide 2014:
1. Fashion Apparel: This year’s apparel seems to be the best we have ever carried! It’s been hard to keep the racks full. We have wonderful travel wear, bright tunics and palazzo pants that have been super popular this year. Our travel wear is wrinkle free, perfect for your next getaway! $38 – $78
2. Don’t forget the Captain! Our Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze and Peach Barbecue Boucan Sauce are a crowd pleaser! These would make perfect gifts for a neighbor or take a bottle as a hostess gift for your next holiday party your attending. This sauce is delicious! The bottle has a recipe attached for an amazing appetizer dip! Even someone that tailgates would love this for their next sports event! You can’t go wrong here. $12
3. Magnolia Casual Indoor/Outdoor Swings: I always have people telling me their child would love this in their bedroom or they are planning on hanging one on their boat dock! Which is a perfect idea for these gorgeous swings! All our swings come in a set which includes: The swing constructed in indoor/outdoor fabric, a seat cushion, back pillow and matching carrying bag which is easy to stow. $189
4. Sweet & Saucy Caramel Sauce: This happens to be our Salted Caramel Sauce which is my favorite! = ) We have: Spicy Mango Madness, Rum Caramel and even a Raspberry Fudge Sauce! This is a great gift for anyone! I would pair my jar with an ice cream scoop for the perfect ice cream sundae package! Simple & Easy! You could always add cherries on top! $11
5. Lake Gaston Picture Frame: Here is another great gift idea! I’m sure mom or grandma would love this in their lake home! Take it step further and actually put a photo in the frame of the family or grand-kids! The picture corners in the frame make it easy to change out the photos each year! $49
6. Mary Sherwood Lake Living Gift Card: The perfect gift! Our gift cards do not expire and can be used towards anything in our showroom! You could even give a gift card for $25 or $35 for someone to attend one of Chef Yvonne’s cooking classes held here at MSLL! Absolutely Perfect! $ – $$$
7. Lake Gaston Christmas Ornaments: We have several different ornaments to choose from this year. Some even have Lake Gaston printed on them! How cool is that? These would be great if you know someone that gets an ornament for their tree each year or for an ornament exchange party. $18
8. Jewelry: Our Jewelry display has just everything from necklaces, earrings, bangles, brackets, watches, rings and a few necklace/earring sets. Various style to choose from. We even have a handmade line from a young lady in Virginia Beach! $10 – $148
9. Handbags: We have the look you want but not the price. Our gorgeous bags look similar to a Micheal Kors’ bag but not the ticket price! I love our bags I think they are age appropriate for anyone 20-something to someone 60-something! We have various sizes and style for fit any ladies taste. $14 – $123
10. Scribble Cloths: Have you seen these yet? Scribble Cloths are amazing! Great for parties, children and events! We have runners that can be scribbled on with chalk! We have used these several times for events here at MSLL! We used the large runner for our food display, labeling all our delicious delights! What a great gift! $38 – $50
11. Lake Gaston Coasters: We have several sets of Lake Gaston Coasters! My favorites are the Lake map and Lake Rules! We have sets of two and fours! Perfect for anyone that loves and lives on the lake! $32 – $57
12. Add-A-Kid Bibs: Don’t forget the little ones! We have an array of items in our children’s area but, these have to be the funniest! These bibs are one of a kind designs for little guys and girls! All bibs have Lake Gaston on them as well! Such a great keep sake too! $13
Just follow our Holiday Gift Guide for the perfect Christmas presents this Holiday season! Need more ideas? Just give us a call (252-586-2437) or ask me! We do our best to meet the needs of our customers. We are always willing to help! We even suggest gift ideas for no charge! =) Join us this Holiday season and Shop Small here on Lake Gaston! Don’t forgot the complimentary Gift Wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living, Lake Gaston
It’s the week of our Christmas Open House here at MSLL! I have been blinded by Christmas lights, covered in glitter, and the bows just keep coming and coming. Whoops!? I’m sorry that was just my tacky sweater! HaHa!
‘Tis the season to be Tacky! & we are embracing this Tacky trend this holiday season at MSLL! We even have a whole tree dedicated to this Tacky Christmas trend! Why Tacky!? Well because it’s FUN! There are no rules, no guidelines and just about anything works! It brings out the kid in all of us!
The holiday season is a great time to gather with friends and family. Special festivities take place and this year Tacky Christmas Sweater parties top the chart as the most popular party theme to host this holiday season. However, this may require you to wear a tacky sweater that you may not own. NO FEAR! There is even a website now that sells ONLY Tacky Christmas Sweaters! Like I said, this trend is taking over the spotlight!
Tacky Christmas Sweaters can be for your beverages too! Like the ones shown here!
Tacky Sweaters can be found at thrift stores, eBay, or if you’re feeling creative construct a one of a kind sweater of your own! I think homemade sweaters are the way to go. Just like homemade Halloween costumes, they always make a better lasting impression.
Not sure how to create a Tacky Christmas Sweater? Here are a few tips to consider:
1. Start with a good sweater for the base. Bright bold cheerful colors in shades of green or red will work best! Any sweater with an over-the-top print or pattern are great as well.
2. Ornaments are second. These can be found at any dollar store or thrift store. The more unique the better! Stay away from breakable ornaments – this could get messy in the middle of your party, PARTY FOWL!
3. Add a little Flare to your sweater. Sequins, tinsel, shiny bows, garland, what ever your heart desires here!
4.Patches and other appliques can be a quick and easy fix! Hot glue them or even iron-on’s will do the trick! Wah LAH! Your Done! You have a one of a kind Tacky Christmas Sweater that is sure to be the highlight of the party.
Here are some of my favorite homemade Tacky Sweaters I’ve come Across Online:
Christmas Sweater Tree– I have seen this several times, it’s so clever. When she puts her arms above her head her sweater becomes a beautiful Christmas tree.
The Abominable Snowman Tacky Sweater- I love this! Rudolph is a classic Christmas movie and this fuzzy guy will steal the show at your next Tacky appearance.
Tacky Couple of Sweaters– Get the Hubby involved! I think this is adorable and even tackier that they match!
Which Sweater is your favorite!? Or do you have a Tacky ensemble you would like to share?
We hope to see everyone this Saturday at our Christmas Open House! Seminar beings at 9 AM! Shopping 10 AM!
Have a Tacky Holiday Season!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living -Working with you to create your lifestyle!
So the nursery rhyme reads “to market, to market, to buy a fat pig, home again, home again, jiggety-jig”. Well, we went to market and we’re home again, but there was no fat pig. There were, however, a multitude of new products in every possible category.
We perused, navigated, and maneuvered as much of the four buildings and seven million square feet of Atlanta Gift Market as we were humanly able. We were tired, but invigorated at the same time by the many new innovative gift lines, housewares, furniture, and apparel available. Now we can’t show you everything new that we have coming because that would spoil the surprise, but we thought a sneak peek would hopefully wet your appetites.
Bright new color combinations and graphic patterns were predominant in the apparel category.
Leather, grommets, and attention to details led the design trend for shoes and handbags.
Metallics, classic leathers, and beaded details inspired the direction of jewelry designers.
Large scale canvases and printed metals saturated the wall art category, while colorful, ceramic and meticulously beaded frames were seen in numerous showrooms.
Furniture design and decorator pillows were inspired by bold graphics, contemporary color palettes, textured fabrics, and bright new florals.
Self-watering wine bottles, rustic painted ceramic planters, and custom terrariums were highlights of the garden product lines.
Fun, whimsical, overscaled decorations helped us make our buying decisions for the holidays!
Since market, we are now renewed, refreshed, and reenergized after a busy holiday season. We are looking forward to enjoying a successful 2013 with our valued and much loved customers.
Come see what’s new at Mary Sherwood Lake Living! We’re waiting for you!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living…working with you to create your lifestyle!
As of today I think I am back up to normal speed after a whirlwind trip to the summer Atlanta Gift and Accessory Market. Four days of non-stop shopping for “the next best thing” to bring to you in Lake Gaston.
I have been to this market too many times to count (twice a year equals almost 50 times…yikes!) At the end of this excursion I realized why it has become so much more difficult. (I have aged but I would never admit that is to blame!)
Many years ago we were attending markets to spot new trends, stock a small retail boutique and make purchases for clients. With our expansions and growth over the years we now shop seven categories at the Atlanta Market Center. No wonder our list is so long, our feet are worn out and our brains are fried!
These pictures show a few tidbits of the items we purchased in just three of the seven categories. Let us hear about your favorite piece.
FASHION ACCESSORIES CATEGORY
UNIQUE GIFTS CATEGORY