Archive for Gifts
MSLL has constructed the ultimate Holiday Gift Guide to make your shopping experience a bit easier this Holiday season. We promise with these amazing gifts there will be no returns or re-gifting if you stick to our guide! The following MSLL Holiday Gift Guide features 12 perfect gifts that are sure to bring happiness and make you the best gift giver ever! Move over Santa, I’m giving the best gifts this year! Oh! Not to mention you will have the best wrapped presents around with our fabulous complementary gift wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living Holiday Gift Guide 2014:
1. Fashion Apparel: This year’s apparel seems to be the best we have ever carried! It’s been hard to keep the racks full. We have wonderful travel wear, bright tunics and palazzo pants that have been super popular this year. Our travel wear is wrinkle free, perfect for your next getaway! $38 – $78
2. Don’t forget the Captain! Our Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze and Peach Barbecue Boucan Sauce are a crowd pleaser! These would make perfect gifts for a neighbor or take a bottle as a hostess gift for your next holiday party your attending. This sauce is delicious! The bottle has a recipe attached for an amazing appetizer dip! Even someone that tailgates would love this for their next sports event! You can’t go wrong here. $12
3. Magnolia Casual Indoor/Outdoor Swings: I always have people telling me their child would love this in their bedroom or they are planning on hanging one on their boat dock! Which is a perfect idea for these gorgeous swings! All our swings come in a set which includes: The swing constructed in indoor/outdoor fabric, a seat cushion, back pillow and matching carrying bag which is easy to stow. $189
4. Sweet & Saucy Caramel Sauce: This happens to be our Salted Caramel Sauce which is my favorite! = ) We have: Spicy Mango Madness, Rum Caramel and even a Raspberry Fudge Sauce! This is a great gift for anyone! I would pair my jar with an ice cream scoop for the perfect ice cream sundae package! Simple & Easy! You could always add cherries on top! $11
5. Lake Gaston Picture Frame: Here is another great gift idea! I’m sure mom or grandma would love this in their lake home! Take it step further and actually put a photo in the frame of the family or grand-kids! The picture corners in the frame make it easy to change out the photos each year! $49
6. Mary Sherwood Lake Living Gift Card: The perfect gift! Our gift cards do not expire and can be used towards anything in our showroom! You could even give a gift card for $25 or $35 for someone to attend one of Chef Yvonne’s cooking classes held here at MSLL! Absolutely Perfect! $ – $$$
7. Lake Gaston Christmas Ornaments: We have several different ornaments to choose from this year. Some even have Lake Gaston printed on them! How cool is that? These would be great if you know someone that gets an ornament for their tree each year or for an ornament exchange party. $18
8. Jewelry: Our Jewelry display has just everything from necklaces, earrings, bangles, brackets, watches, rings and a few necklace/earring sets. Various style to choose from. We even have a handmade line from a young lady in Virginia Beach! $10 – $148
9. Handbags: We have the look you want but not the price. Our gorgeous bags look similar to a Micheal Kors’ bag but not the ticket price! I love our bags I think they are age appropriate for anyone 20-something to someone 60-something! We have various sizes and style for fit any ladies taste. $14 – $123
10. Scribble Cloths: Have you seen these yet? Scribble Cloths are amazing! Great for parties, children and events! We have runners that can be scribbled on with chalk! We have used these several times for events here at MSLL! We used the large runner for our food display, labeling all our delicious delights! What a great gift! $38 – $50
11. Lake Gaston Coasters: We have several sets of Lake Gaston Coasters! My favorites are the Lake map and Lake Rules! We have sets of two and fours! Perfect for anyone that loves and lives on the lake! $32 – $57
12. Add-A-Kid Bibs: Don’t forget the little ones! We have an array of items in our children’s area but, these have to be the funniest! These bibs are one of a kind designs for little guys and girls! All bibs have Lake Gaston on them as well! Such a great keep sake too! $13
Just follow our Holiday Gift Guide for the perfect Christmas presents this Holiday season! Need more ideas? Just give us a call (252-586-2437) or ask me! We do our best to meet the needs of our customers. We are always willing to help! We even suggest gift ideas for no charge! =) Join us this Holiday season and Shop Small here on Lake Gaston! Don’t forgot the complimentary Gift Wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living, Lake Gaston
We just returned from our semi-annual market trip to Atlanta. Boy did we pack a lot into this trip!
We were pleased to be invited to a Retailers Round Table Breakfast sponsored by Home Accents Today Magazine at the Capital City Club. This was a small group of retailers ranging from one of the largest online home fashions companies (Wayfair) to independent interior designers. We shared insights about consumer buying trends, the use of social media and other business issues. It was a great to take part in this forum and express our ideas amongst our national peers.
Later the same day we were invited to the largest awards event in the gift and home industry, The Icon Awards. Thanks to Home Accents Today magazine, we were guests at their table to hear the presentations of the awards to so many deserving companies. Most of the award winners have built very successful, large companies that are very involved in local, national and international causes. It makes one feel very fortunate to be involved in this industry. Entertainment for the evening was a performance by the band Heart. Do you remember their most popular song in the 70’s? Here is a short clip of part of their performance. http://youtu.be/81h0yD78ns
Now for the finds. Here are a few of the interesting displays and items we found.
Solaria 26″ Globe Chandelier was amazing. They just introduced this fixture in multiple colors.
Contemporary large art was everywhere. Here is a pair of prints from Paragon.
This window display at Mud Pie was still showing the chalk board theme for the holidays. Santa, Mrs. Claus and the reindeer have their places marked on this chalk board runner. We are not over this trend just yet.
This cute display of stuffed animals on inner-tubes and slides was quite eye-catching. Great merchandising…we bought some of these cute Knitzie animals.
Dixie was into head-gear as evidenced by her many poses in various hats and headbands.
The girls and I did manage to have some fun with an afternoon glass of champagne with floating Wild Hibiscus Flowers…soon to be available at MSLL.
One more shot of our late evening play-a ride on the Atlanta ferris wheel at Olympic Park, adjacent to our hotel!
So-these girls do know how to have fun mixed with a lots of work!
You can look forward to lots of new items starting to arrive any day!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living -Working with you to create your lifestyle!
So the nursery rhyme reads “to market, to market, to buy a fat pig, home again, home again, jiggety-jig”. Well, we went to market and we’re home again, but there was no fat pig. There were, however, a multitude of new products in every possible category.
We perused, navigated, and maneuvered as much of the four buildings and seven million square feet of Atlanta Gift Market as we were humanly able. We were tired, but invigorated at the same time by the many new innovative gift lines, housewares, furniture, and apparel available. Now we can’t show you everything new that we have coming because that would spoil the surprise, but we thought a sneak peek would hopefully wet your appetites.
Bright new color combinations and graphic patterns were predominant in the apparel category.
Leather, grommets, and attention to details led the design trend for shoes and handbags.
Metallics, classic leathers, and beaded details inspired the direction of jewelry designers.
Large scale canvases and printed metals saturated the wall art category, while colorful, ceramic and meticulously beaded frames were seen in numerous showrooms.
Furniture design and decorator pillows were inspired by bold graphics, contemporary color palettes, textured fabrics, and bright new florals.
Self-watering wine bottles, rustic painted ceramic planters, and custom terrariums were highlights of the garden product lines.
Fun, whimsical, overscaled decorations helped us make our buying decisions for the holidays!
Since market, we are now renewed, refreshed, and reenergized after a busy holiday season. We are looking forward to enjoying a successful 2013 with our valued and much loved customers.
Come see what’s new at Mary Sherwood Lake Living! We’re waiting for you!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living…working with you to create your lifestyle!
I am getting ready to travel to one of my favorite places, “Santa” Monica, because that is where I will share Christmas with both our sons and two daughters-in-love. It should be a great week! Our times together involve a lot of relaxing, eating and sharing stories with the newer members of our family. It doesn’t matter where we are, we always find these times together so special.
Last night reminded me of what an incredible acquired family I have right here at Lake Gaston. We had a Christmas dinner at our house for all the MSLL family. The wonderful, talented people who surrounded me are truly amazing. It makes it such a pleasure to come to work each and every day.
Paul, Autumn, Lu, Michelle, Peggy and Yvonne thanks so much!
The rest of my acquired family is every one of you who has supported us, shopped in our showroom, cooked in our new kitchen and asked us to help make your home a comfortable, family place. We have gotten to know you and your family and friends. The circle just keeps getting bigger. Thank you for enlarging our family!
Make this a holiday to remember with your family whether acquired or by nature.
Here are a few pictures of our MSLL Christmas party.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Working with you to create your lifestyle!
Shopping for a special gift for that special someone? Looking for the ideal present for the person who has everything? Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle. Allow Mary Sherwood Lake Living to help you compile the perfect gift basket.
Are they a wine enthusiast? We can combine our E-Z Grip Wine Bottle Opener, Wine-A-Rita Drink Mix, and a package of festive napkins to help them celebrate.
Do they enjoy mixing a cocktail or two? We can combine our Mini Red Ice Bucket, Mini Red Cocktail Shaker, and a jar of Pickle, Olive, and Pearl Onion Cocktail Stirrers to help them conjure up their concoctions.
Are they the chef in their household? We can combine our famous Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze, a White Rectangular Baker, and a Knotted Spreader to aid them in preparing Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake (recipe included).
Do they just deserve to be spoiled? We can combine our Azalea/Ruby Dot Glittens (glove and mittens combination), Leopard Ballet Cozy Slippers, and a Jeweled Photo Frame to help comfort them.
Still stumped? Come visit us at Mary Sherwood Lake Living or give us a call at 252.586.2437 to help you with just the right combination for the loved ones on your list.
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping from Mary Sherwood Lake Living!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living working with you to create your lifestyle!
Time flies when you are having such a good time! Just a little over a week ago we were slipping and sliding into Atlanta to attend the January market.
We started our first day at market with a “man on the street” interview with Susan Dickenson, retail editor for Home Accents Today magazine.
She grabbed several retailers to get a sense of the retail climate and their market plans. Thanks Susan for including us in your daily market issue. Read our comments and those of other retailers: http://bit.ly/gbW9Kq
At this market we plan our showroom strategy for the New Year. Color is an important element in our showroom so we always reference the Pantone Color of the Year. The color for 2011 is Honeysuckle, a bright, saturated pink.
As we purchase for spring and summer we select items that coordinate with this year’s new color. This really helps us focus on accessories and gifts that are color forward. If you are interested in learning more about Pantone’s2011 color forecast check out this link: http://bit.ly/eu2SLd
Another big purchase category on our list is Holiday. The January market introduces the new looks for 2011. We develop a plan for how many trees, what themes and what colors we will use. Purchasing in January guarantees we will be able to receive our selections by late summer and avoid sold out items. The use of large ornaments and objects on trees with a focus on one prominent color is one new emerging trend.
This market also is our source for our summer fashion accessories, apparel and shoes. Here is a sneak peak of some of the new looks!
To cap off our shopping frenzy we taste and select new gourmet food items. This is good and bad. Great to find new product but hard to go through the many food displays and be selective with what you sample.
Market is an exhilarating experience! New products, new colors, new styles always start the design juices flowing. Tired bodies, tired minds and achy feet must be worth it because we keep going back.
You can experience a little of our market experience through our blogs and Facebook posts without the physical and mental strain.
Did you see the “Honeysuckle” color keep poping up in these pictures?
Tell us your favorites of our new products to arrive over the next few months!
As of today I think I am back up to normal speed after a whirlwind trip to the summer Atlanta Gift and Accessory Market. Four days of non-stop shopping for “the next best thing” to bring to you in Lake Gaston.
I have been to this market too many times to count (twice a year equals almost 50 times…yikes!) At the end of this excursion I realized why it has become so much more difficult. (I have aged but I would never admit that is to blame!)
Many years ago we were attending markets to spot new trends, stock a small retail boutique and make purchases for clients. With our expansions and growth over the years we now shop seven categories at the Atlanta Market Center. No wonder our list is so long, our feet are worn out and our brains are fried!
These pictures show a few tidbits of the items we purchased in just three of the seven categories. Let us hear about your favorite piece.
FASHION ACCESSORIES CATEGORY
UNIQUE GIFTS CATEGORY