Archive for guest room
Make your guests feel like they are visiting a resort spa at Lake Gaston with these easy tips:
- Keep the paint color cool and refreshing like Benjamin Moore Antiguan Sky, 2040-60. Bright colors provide too much energy.
- Keep the bedding simple. A bright white matelasse coverlet, jumbo sham, crisp white sheets with aqua embroidery and a few aqua pillows worked well in this space. The bedding is all washable for easy clean up after a visit from friends and their pets
- Use window coverings with “black out” lining for a welcome touch when guests are trying to rest and rejuvenate.
- Place lighting and a bedside table on each side of the bed for late night reading and a surface for essentials like a glass of water and glasses.
- Use minimal accessories so as not to add too much clutter.
- Add restful art to finish the space.
- Provide extra covers with a throw or blanket for comfort on chilly nights.
For this room we incorporated the owner’s four poster bed and original art over the bed.
Here is the BEFORE! Although this room was bright and fun it needed to be toned down to create a spa-like experience.
Let us know if you like to New spa-like make over!
Wishing you and your guests sweet dreams!
Charlotte, Autumn, Michelle, and Peggy – Salted Rim Designs/Mary Sherwood Lake Living