Archive for shopping
From our first visit to Oro Valley (our new town) I was amazed at the magnitude of public art displays. It has been a true joy to see various artistic expressions in unexpected places i.e. the parking lots at Ace Hardware, Safeway and Home Depot and roadways throughout the area. Here is a brief description of the program which has placed such a high value on community art:
“In 1997, the town established a 1% Public Art Program which requires that commercial developers set aside one percent of a projects total budget for the creation of public art. By passing the public art mandate, Oro Valley signaled an ongoing commitment to create beautiful surroundings that enhance the quality of life for all who live, work and play in the town.” (Quotation from Oro Valley website).
Each day I observe and discover more ways this program enriches our lives. Here are examples of installations in our neighborhood. My favorite is the “Tree of Knowledge” at the Oro Valley Library.Look closely between the tree roots in the book below the tree to find these words of wisdom:
The more you read, the more you know
The more you know, the more you grow
The smarter you grow, the stronger your voice
When speaking your mind or making your choice!
There are many more and I will share as I have an opportunity to photograph them. What a wonderful community incentive program! Thank you town of Oro Valley!
Do you have a favorite? Let me hear from you!
All the best!
Working with you to create your lifestyle!
Mary Sherwood Lifestyles
MSLL has constructed the ultimate Holiday Gift Guide to make your shopping experience a bit easier this Holiday season. We promise with these amazing gifts there will be no returns or re-gifting if you stick to our guide! The following MSLL Holiday Gift Guide features 12 perfect gifts that are sure to bring happiness and make you the best gift giver ever! Move over Santa, I’m giving the best gifts this year! Oh! Not to mention you will have the best wrapped presents around with our fabulous complementary gift wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living Holiday Gift Guide 2014:
1. Fashion Apparel: This year’s apparel seems to be the best we have ever carried! It’s been hard to keep the racks full. We have wonderful travel wear, bright tunics and palazzo pants that have been super popular this year. Our travel wear is wrinkle free, perfect for your next getaway! $38 – $78
2. Don’t forget the Captain! Our Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze and Peach Barbecue Boucan Sauce are a crowd pleaser! These would make perfect gifts for a neighbor or take a bottle as a hostess gift for your next holiday party your attending. This sauce is delicious! The bottle has a recipe attached for an amazing appetizer dip! Even someone that tailgates would love this for their next sports event! You can’t go wrong here. $12
3. Magnolia Casual Indoor/Outdoor Swings: I always have people telling me their child would love this in their bedroom or they are planning on hanging one on their boat dock! Which is a perfect idea for these gorgeous swings! All our swings come in a set which includes: The swing constructed in indoor/outdoor fabric, a seat cushion, back pillow and matching carrying bag which is easy to stow. $189
4. Sweet & Saucy Caramel Sauce: This happens to be our Salted Caramel Sauce which is my favorite! = ) We have: Spicy Mango Madness, Rum Caramel and even a Raspberry Fudge Sauce! This is a great gift for anyone! I would pair my jar with an ice cream scoop for the perfect ice cream sundae package! Simple & Easy! You could always add cherries on top! $11
5. Lake Gaston Picture Frame: Here is another great gift idea! I’m sure mom or grandma would love this in their lake home! Take it step further and actually put a photo in the frame of the family or grand-kids! The picture corners in the frame make it easy to change out the photos each year! $49
6. Mary Sherwood Lake Living Gift Card: The perfect gift! Our gift cards do not expire and can be used towards anything in our showroom! You could even give a gift card for $25 or $35 for someone to attend one of Chef Yvonne’s cooking classes held here at MSLL! Absolutely Perfect! $ – $$$
7. Lake Gaston Christmas Ornaments: We have several different ornaments to choose from this year. Some even have Lake Gaston printed on them! How cool is that? These would be great if you know someone that gets an ornament for their tree each year or for an ornament exchange party. $18
8. Jewelry: Our Jewelry display has just everything from necklaces, earrings, bangles, brackets, watches, rings and a few necklace/earring sets. Various style to choose from. We even have a handmade line from a young lady in Virginia Beach! $10 – $148
9. Handbags: We have the look you want but not the price. Our gorgeous bags look similar to a Micheal Kors’ bag but not the ticket price! I love our bags I think they are age appropriate for anyone 20-something to someone 60-something! We have various sizes and style for fit any ladies taste. $14 – $123
10. Scribble Cloths: Have you seen these yet? Scribble Cloths are amazing! Great for parties, children and events! We have runners that can be scribbled on with chalk! We have used these several times for events here at MSLL! We used the large runner for our food display, labeling all our delicious delights! What a great gift! $38 – $50
11. Lake Gaston Coasters: We have several sets of Lake Gaston Coasters! My favorites are the Lake map and Lake Rules! We have sets of two and fours! Perfect for anyone that loves and lives on the lake! $32 – $57
12. Add-A-Kid Bibs: Don’t forget the little ones! We have an array of items in our children’s area but, these have to be the funniest! These bibs are one of a kind designs for little guys and girls! All bibs have Lake Gaston on them as well! Such a great keep sake too! $13
Just follow our Holiday Gift Guide for the perfect Christmas presents this Holiday season! Need more ideas? Just give us a call (252-586-2437) or ask me! We do our best to meet the needs of our customers. We are always willing to help! We even suggest gift ideas for no charge! =) Join us this Holiday season and Shop Small here on Lake Gaston! Don’t forgot the complimentary Gift Wrap!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living, Lake Gaston
We just returned from our semi-annual market trip to Atlanta. Boy did we pack a lot into this trip!
We were pleased to be invited to a Retailers Round Table Breakfast sponsored by Home Accents Today Magazine at the Capital City Club. This was a small group of retailers ranging from one of the largest online home fashions companies (Wayfair) to independent interior designers. We shared insights about consumer buying trends, the use of social media and other business issues. It was a great to take part in this forum and express our ideas amongst our national peers.
Later the same day we were invited to the largest awards event in the gift and home industry, The Icon Awards. Thanks to Home Accents Today magazine, we were guests at their table to hear the presentations of the awards to so many deserving companies. Most of the award winners have built very successful, large companies that are very involved in local, national and international causes. It makes one feel very fortunate to be involved in this industry. Entertainment for the evening was a performance by the band Heart. Do you remember their most popular song in the 70’s? Here is a short clip of part of their performance. http://youtu.be/81h0yD78ns
Now for the finds. Here are a few of the interesting displays and items we found.
Solaria 26″ Globe Chandelier was amazing. They just introduced this fixture in multiple colors.
Contemporary large art was everywhere. Here is a pair of prints from Paragon.
This window display at Mud Pie was still showing the chalk board theme for the holidays. Santa, Mrs. Claus and the reindeer have their places marked on this chalk board runner. We are not over this trend just yet.
This cute display of stuffed animals on inner-tubes and slides was quite eye-catching. Great merchandising…we bought some of these cute Knitzie animals.
Dixie was into head-gear as evidenced by her many poses in various hats and headbands.
The girls and I did manage to have some fun with an afternoon glass of champagne with floating Wild Hibiscus Flowers…soon to be available at MSLL.
One more shot of our late evening play-a ride on the Atlanta ferris wheel at Olympic Park, adjacent to our hotel!
So-these girls do know how to have fun mixed with a lots of work!
You can look forward to lots of new items starting to arrive any day!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living -Working with you to create your lifestyle!
Once again, we ventured to High Point, North Carolina to get a taste of the newest trends in home decor. With sensible shoes in tow, we trekked through showroom after showroom eyeing innovative designs with fresh spins on tried and true styles.
We noticed quite a few trends became apparent throughout our three-day journey:
Details, Details, Details – Whether it was contrasting welts, decorative trims, tufting, or nailhead features, designers paid close attention to the details.
Grey-0logy – By now, we’ve all heard of the fifty shades of grey, but market illustrated the many shades of grey mixed with pops of color!
Flower Power – Although the weather didn’t quite hold up its end of the bargain, Spring had definitely sprung at market. Their were florals to be seen on bedding, chairs, rugs, and in artwork.
Lacquer is Back – The presence of lacquer was evident in numerous showrooms this year! It’s amazing how a coat of high gloss paint can reinvent a piece of furniture.
Old World Rustic – We saw color and shine in many corners of market, but it seemed one of the most predominant trends this Spring was Old World Rustic. There were muted wood tones on traditional frames combined with neutral linens.
So whether your taste is traditional, contemporary, or even a tad eclectic, do not fear! There is definitely something in the marketplace to appeal to you! We can show you what’s new at Mary Sherwood Lake Living!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living – working with you to create your lifestyle!
Shopping for a special gift for that special someone? Looking for the ideal present for the person who has everything? Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle. Allow Mary Sherwood Lake Living to help you compile the perfect gift basket.
Are they a wine enthusiast? We can combine our E-Z Grip Wine Bottle Opener, Wine-A-Rita Drink Mix, and a package of festive napkins to help them celebrate.
Do they enjoy mixing a cocktail or two? We can combine our Mini Red Ice Bucket, Mini Red Cocktail Shaker, and a jar of Pickle, Olive, and Pearl Onion Cocktail Stirrers to help them conjure up their concoctions.
Are they the chef in their household? We can combine our famous Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze, a White Rectangular Baker, and a Knotted Spreader to aid them in preparing Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake (recipe included).
Do they just deserve to be spoiled? We can combine our Azalea/Ruby Dot Glittens (glove and mittens combination), Leopard Ballet Cozy Slippers, and a Jeweled Photo Frame to help comfort them.
Still stumped? Come visit us at Mary Sherwood Lake Living or give us a call at 252.586.2437 to help you with just the right combination for the loved ones on your list.
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping from Mary Sherwood Lake Living!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living working with you to create your lifestyle!