Archive for tile backsplash
As promised, here is the second in the series of “Be the Designer” challenges. Today you will need to select the tile grout color for the kitchen backsplash at the Chalk house. This may seem an easy task but here are a few things to consider when selecting a grout color.
- Color of the tile. Sometimes tile has a mingle of color so it may be more than one color.
- Color of the cabinetry. Because the cabinets and backsplash have a very intimate relation you need to include both is selecting a color.
- Color of the countertop. Once again the backsplash and the countertop are very symbiotic. They often meet face to face. Consider them both.
Let’s re-cap from past posts. Here is the countertop, cabinetry and the backsplash tile.
We fell in love with the geometric design of this tile call Louvre Marfel by Elysium. Here is a close up of the backsplash tile so you can see the color and detail. This picture was taken with the tile installed but not grouted.
You have three choices of tile grout colors:
- Light smoke
#3 Linen (top)—#2 Light Smoke (bottom)
#2 Light smoke (top)—#1 Jade (bottom)
Remember to consider all the above elements in your decision.
- Will you be brave enough to select #1 Jade that brings out the beautiful color of the countertop?
- Do you want to show off the pattern of the tile by selecting a slightly darker grout color for contrast, #2 Light Smoke?
- Do you want the grout to virtually disappear by selecting #3 Linen?
Make your choice: #1 Jade, #2 Light Smoke or #3 Linen and tell us why you would pick that color. The owner has made her selection. Let’s see if you agree!
For all of you who respond I will randomly select one name and send you a special gift for Mary Sherwood Art Glass. Good luck!
Have fun with it!
All the best!
Mary Sherwood Lifestyles
PS: We recently ran a Facebook contest to get the Mary Sherwood Art Glass page shared with friends. The winner of that contest is Aletha Hudson! Congratulations! Thank you Aletha for sharing our page.
Share the love and the new Christmas Art Glass collection with your friends and family. Hint, hint it is not too early to add something to your wish list! 🙂