Archive for Yvonne Hoffman
Mary Sherwood Lake Living raised salads to another level on Monday, September 10th, with the help of chef Yvonne Hoffman and Tisa Lynn, a sales representative for B.R. Cohn Winery & Olive Oil Company.
As an alternative to replacing the olive-stained carpets in his home on the Sonoma Valley estate vineyard known as “Olive Hill” for the 140-year old Picholine trees that graced the property, Bruce Cohn began pressing the unique olives, inspiring a California olive oil Renaissance. As if managing The Doobie Brothers for over 30 years and starting the B.R. Cohn Estate Winery in 1984 didn’t keep Bruce busy enough, a new family business was inadvertently born. In agreement with our own “professional” taste test, www.consumerreports.org named B. R. Cohn as one of six highly rated oils with a “Very Good” status.
Yvonne showcased the B.R. Cohn gourmet wine vinegars in several of her recipes including a Flatbread Salad, an Asian Salad, a traditional Caesar Salad, and a refreshing Watermelon Salad.
- 4 cups watermelon cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 ounces feta or goat cheese (Yvonne recommends an herbed goat cheese)
- 1/4 pound prosciutto cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar (manufactured by B.R. Cohn)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil or other unflavored oil
- Salt and pepper
- Salad greens
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts (Yvonne recommends pistachios)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- In shaker bottle, mix Champagne vinegar, honey, oil, salt and pepper. Shake well and put aside.
- In salad bowl, put greens, prosciutto, salt and pepper, toss with a small amount of dressing, enough to coat, but not drip.
- Plate with greens first, then cheese, and then watermelon, top with the rest of dressing.
- Add other salad items as you like.
Recipe by Yvonne of Y Cook
Check our calendar for upcoming cooking and community events. Registration is required to reserve your seat!
Hope to cook with you soon!
Mary Sherwood Lake Living working with you to create your lifestyle!